Skip to main content
Main Content

Change Nesting Material Crafting UI

Change Nesting Material Crafting UI
Posted 2021-09-10 06:10:34 (edited)

Hey WD,

It would be great if the nesting material crafting UI looked something like this:

This way it would be easy to see all items in the hoard instead of the first 200.

Also I kinda stick to using large leaves and blue jay feathers for nest crafting bc they have 1 use and there's a lot of them. I wondered if this UI could be used to create nests with more item combinations. I would be encouraged to use other items for nests if there were new puppy buffs such as:

Feathered Nest

20 Feathers. An extra comfy nest. Increases survival rate of pups.

Pelt Nest

1 Large Pelt. Nest made by a strong pack. Increases chances of a largest pup.

Soothing Nest

10 items incl. 1 Lunar Toy. An interesting nest. Increases chances of all pups in litter gaining +1/2 stats after weaning.

Lucky Nest

10 items incl. 1 (Four Leaf) Clover. Increases chances of combo markings on pups.

Similar suggestion threads:

change Crafting interface so we can see all items without burying

Nest Crafting Overhaul ~ Display by Material & Different Quality Nests

foehn

Posted 2021-09-10 14:50:06
Major support! The idea that you could use more valuable resources to make nests with different functionality is great!

Katie

Posted 2021-09-16 18:15:25
Support! This would be so much more convenient.

Gryph

Posted 2021-09-16 19:55:59
Hello!

Just a reminder, that per the Game Development Guidelines, please keep comments posted to suggestions to be constructive in nature, whether in support or opposition to the idea being suggested.  Comments that simply express support/no support without any supporting constructive comments will be deleted.

Thank you!

This member is a Moderator. This is a moderator post.

This member is a Moderator. Moderator
Posted 2022-01-11 01:14:31
I think attaching already existing UI would give devs less work to do:

Better UI for crafting nesting materials than it is currently.

Dżanek

Posted 2022-04-04 11:31:59
Just described this exact improvement to my wife. I spent probably 30 mins burying items to get the correct item to show up and then clicking check boxes. I made 30 material so 300 clicks.
Demon Lord

Posted 2022-08-25 06:43:01 (edited)
Really would like to see a UI change esp. after the remnants update !! Feathers are only usable in nesting mats now when they're remnants, which means they are further down the list under 'R' :'(

*also yeah I agree that adding the existing inventory UI would be a great solution, 100% would be better that it is now.

foehn

Posted 2022-10-19 06:14:47
I support this, I hate the current crafting UI for nest crafting so bad as it is currently. You have to select item by item and can't even see them all, or how many you have selected unless I'm blind and didn't see it. Even the existing UI would be a thousand times better than what we have right now.

Ember

Posted 2022-10-21 01:37:12
I'm wasting so much sc on nesting mats even though I have a bunch of stuff I could craft it with, because no way am I burying stuff just so I don't have to use all my herbs beginning with ABC. It really brings down my experience

⌘Tallbarr⌘

Posted 2022-10-24 04:24:39
Massive support!!

When creating nesting materials, I find myself getting tired of clicking every single item. I end up selecting all, which in turn results in me using items I didn't originally want to use.

On top of that, like prior comments stated, you don't even get to see everything available to make nesting materials, which is really inconvenient when trying to choose what you do and don't want to use. Especially in regards to remnants. You have to get to "R" which is a problem when you have 200+ items and you're nowhere near the "R" section.