Skip to main content
Main Content

Add death of hunger/mood [as a user toggled option]

Add death of hunger/mood [as a user toggled option]
Posted 2021-02-01 06:55:14 (edited)
Hello!

First of all I have to say that I understand that this suggestion might not be everyone's cup of tea so I want to make it clear that this "feature" would have to be toggled in user options. Wolves running away would still stay as the default option.

There also could/should be a warning when toggling the feature to make sure that people understand what they are getting into before any rushed decisions.

Overall there isn't much to say about this feature that the title doesn't already convey. But this would really help with my immersion in the game as a "survival" sim and not just a cute pet sim. Especially because I'm planning to play only by lore in the future so this would help add drama/tragedy/consequences to the game that it in my opinion lacks.

I also want to add that all wolves that cannot die from sicknesses also would not be able to die from low hunger/mood.

Meaning that leads wolves or breeding males would not be affected by this. I would imagine that pregnant females and nursing females would still be able to die from hunger/mood the same way they can die from sickness. This would cover weaned puppies and adolescents, as well.

The death itself would be handled like any other death in the game. Now only triggered by too low hunger/mood upon rollover. The wolves would go to the dynasty like any other dead wolves where their records can either be saved or let slip into oblivion.

This feature would need some coding changes and new lines to the rollover summary to indicate wolf death.

Eg. WOLF succumbed to starvation/WOLF tried to pickup a fight with a bear over a carcass because of their bad mood and lost the fight with deadly results.

So the suggestion goes as follow
  • In the player setting menu there is an option to toggle hunger/mood-related deaths.
  • Player clicks the toggle and a warning pops.
  • The player clicks yes and the toggle is now activated (there could be a rollover cooldown so players can't spam the option to oblivion).
  • Now after one rollover the player's wolves can die of hunger/mood-related deaths.
Added Point NEW!
I also sincerely think my suggestion could help combat the potato chased problem that is plaguing this site. So instead of having to chase the wolves to muddle down the chase pool all the player would have to do is wait for them to die. Of course, they can also wait for them to run away, but that comes with the caveat of having your den page cluttered with the "reclaim box".

Edit 25/07/23
Fixed the post coding bcs it was a mess, fixed some grammar issues, and added some content.

clemace

Posted 2021-02-01 11:16:46

Support! As someone who also plays heavily lore-oriented, I feel like wolves who become part of a pack just abandoning it the moment they don't get enough playtime feels... wrong? It's like they have no ties to their home pack and are down to leave the moment things go south

Lore wise my wolves would absolutely stay and hunt until their last breath if the pack was starving, not just say adios and run away

cr0wfeathers

Posted 2021-02-04 05:11:32

I totally support this! It would be much more fun to have lore with this turned on, and just generally it would be nice for a more hardcore playstyle. As long as it's toggleable, though, and has a cooldown (like suggested): maybe it can only be changed once every 7 rollovers so it's not just turned off whenever the player's actually low on food or amusement.

︴▹ speedyscout 🏔️

Posted 2021-02-25 20:06:59

Support because this can also help with retiring wolves early for lore purposes! 

Salem

Posted 2021-03-03 16:31:39

I support this, like you said it could add a new element to the game, and as mentioned above, it is a bit more lore friendly.

I think it should also have a cooldown as mentioned above.

Pink 🌻

Posted 2021-03-15 15:37:33

Oh, I would love it. It is very lore friendly, Big support

Sapuna Glandar

Posted 2021-03-20 15:35:13

I would support. But until they fix the amount of prey my hunters can catch in one day then I'm wary. Because despite my wolves having complementary personalities and 100 synergy with high possibilities of catching prey, they only bring back prey from 4/10 hunts in each party and they aren't always prey that gives a lot of uses. (i.e. stoat carcasses that give 1 uses). It's not enough to keep my wolves fed. The majority of the food I get for my pack are from explore but getting larger prey from explore relies on RNG so like, I'm pretty hesitant. There was a time where i had 100% chance of catching a critter for prey and my wolves didn't end up catching anything. It's annoying as it is. Unless they change it to make it a bit easier to get more prey then I'm all for it.

I could keep the toggle off, though I do want a realistic way of gameplay. But at the moment I already stress from not having enough food to keep them fed anyway to keep them from running away. And I don't want to end up buying prey, especially when some players set prey prices up for ridiculous prices and I don't want to bankrupt myself in order to keep my wolves fed. Explore does give me most of my prey, but I feel like explore shouldn't be the main source of food for my pack because isn't catching food the hunters' job? It doesn't make a lot of sense for me. The game is difficult enough as it is, it doesn't need to get harder if it becomes a part of the game without there being any sort of toggle if the developers decide on that.

🦊Trolljan

Posted 2021-03-22 09:46:29

I support this! As mentioned, it’s really nice for lore purposes, but also adds a “hard mode” for those who want a little more challenge. Furthermore, I think it could possibly help with the concerns some people have with Chased NBWs “muddying” the Chased pool, as some people may opt to instead let a Wolf die rather than chasing it. 

Chirp

Posted 2021-03-25 14:04:20

Ohh I like this idea, especially as toggle option.

Dre

Posted 2021-04-07 13:43:02

Support! It would help with creating lore for your pack, especially in winter, since it is so hard to catch food if you don't have skilled hunters.

💚Predy1🤍

Search Topic