Skip to main content
Main Content

Seeable Marking Tiers

Seeable Marking Tiers
Posted 2021-01-18 11:14:36

Hello!

I am sorry if someone else did this suggestion but i haven't seen any on a quick search.

Basically, i am new to the breeding in Wolvden (and Lioden) so i usually have no clue if a Base or Marking is Rare, i merely go by the ear (for example that Rosette's are rare in Lioden and worth more). Wolvden is still new and i love that you can actually see your base rarity on the wolf page. It gives me a better insight if the base i managed to bred is rare and thus worth more if i wanted to sell it.

Now, i would love to get this for Markings too. As for how it could work. Maybe make it a hover text when you hold it over the marking? Like, it tells you RMA exclusive, Breeding exclusive (3% chance), etc. Something along those lines.

I am no developer so i have no idea if you can code it like that. I just wanted to throw out this idea that i had cause i usually can't tell if i have a "good" pup that i can sell or a potato and i don't want to get into genetic engeneering while reading the wiki for markings.

InkompleteWish

Posted 2021-01-19 23:40:56

100% agree! You shouldn't have to dig through a wiki/guide just to find what is honestly really basic breeding information. There should absolutely be some kind of easily accessible way to figure out where your wolf's markings came from.

Zephiiyr

Posted 2021-01-20 11:36:26

Support, I also want to be able to search wolves using an option like 'marking tier' in however many slots like how we can search type and color already. I just want to find wolves with a certain tier of marking and its difficult!!

As more and more markings are added it will become increasingly difficult for new members to learn what markings are what tiers and such. I've only been able to memorize the special ones because there's like, 6. If you're having difficulty knowing which markings are what though check out the Grouse house guide on genetics if you haven't already, they have a link to a spreadsheet that lists each tier.

Coyotea

Posted 2021-01-20 22:42:44
I support this! I have so much trouble with marking tiers and knowing what's rare and what's not. People talk about "rare" markings and whatnot but... I don't know what those are off the top of my head lol. So I think something like this would definitely be helpful.

Xeva

Posted 2021-01-21 22:47:44

My first thought was that this would be a lot of information and clutter the page, but I really like the idea of doing it with hover text! Even if it just told you which tier category it fell into it'd be really helpful. I can keep the rare markings straight now, but it's definitely going to get tough as more markings get added. 

HollowWorld7

Posted 2021-01-22 12:49:26

Support!

When I get a Chased wolf, I want to immediately check if there’s anything special about it, and markings in particular are hard to keep straight. And since tiers aren’t even listed in the Wardrobe, I need to consult a player-run guide for it, every time.

Before

Posted 2021-02-28 13:01:50 (edited)

What a great idea! I support!

Reason: I've been playing for around 3 Months now, and I still don't exactly know what is rare or not. It would also help to exactly rate the commoness/rarity of the marks, or how many (in procents) people have it, like with the Bases.

The second reason is bc of the TC, some wolves might be low-stat and a T1, but have a rare mark no one even new it was rare at all. I think this is truly worth implementing!

☆Yuki13☆

Posted 2021-03-13 12:05:34 (edited)

Support, it'll be especially helpful as more markings are added, including event/raffle ones. The hover idea is great!

Iona

Posted 2021-03-17 10:44:05

Support! I have a rough idea of the marking tiers, but it'd really help to have officially available info in some reasonably visible place.

Nika

Posted 2021-04-24 16:01:27

this is actually something that could be pretty useful, especially in the long run. support! not much or  hardcore breeder my self but it would defintly help me figure out how the heck marks work (i kinda know having been around for a while but the assistance would be appreciated)

Searin